Data handling in databases is a very cumbersome task and is not handled by everybody in a simple manner. If you are working on a new project, site or site component for any platform, there is a requirement of a new database for various tasks. This definitely used to consume a lot of time and efforts from the user. Unfortunately, SharePoint users were not spared from this problem until this Query Viewer Advance SharePoint web part was developed by Velocity, a company which provides web development services.
This Query Viewer Advance SharePoint web part allow users to view the existing data on a remote server and gives freedom to make use of this data in various tasks or projects. It ensures quick fetching up of data from external databases like My SQL and SQL Server and can provide the data on the central list of Paged data of a SharePoint site. Due to this, there is no need to create a new table or database everytime. The user can make use of advanced search feature that can help in finding the desired query string among the list of query results.
Quick snapshots regarding this Query Viewer Advance SharePoint web part
- 1. Supports customization of central grid view by making changes in theme colors and header colors.
- 2. Facilitates quick fetch up of data from external databases such as My SQL and SQL Server.
- 3. Eliminates user efforts and saves time which is involved in the creation of a new table or database.
- 4. Works well with SharePoint versions of 2010 and 2013. Provides facility to export query in Excel and CSV format.
- 5. With advanced search feature, you can find the desired query string from the list of query results.
How does this Query Viewer Advance SharePoint web part work for your site?
This Query Viewer Advance SharePoint web part has a simple working which can be easily understood by anyone. If you are still not aware about the functioning of this web part, you can take the help of this work flow which is shown below. Let us explain this work flow in a brief manner.
- 1. You need to first install this Query Viewer Advance web part on your SharePoint site.
- 2. It is time to login with your database credentials like email ID, password and other such parameters.
- 3. Now, you need to select the required table/column that are offering custom query.
- 4. With these queries, you can make changes in the appearance, layout and functionality of your database.
- 5. The user has to apply the required settings on their databases.
- 6. With these settings, you can quickly view, sort and search your database table.
- 7. Finally, you can share the implemented changes among your SharePoint team members.
Various platforms and databases supported by this SharePoint web part
This Query Viewer Advance SharePoint web part is compatible with wide range of platforms and softwares for providing higher level of performance and functionality. Some of the platforms and databases that are supported by this Query Viewer Advance web part are described below:
- - 1. SharePoint 2010
- - 2. SharePoint 2013
- 1. SQL Server database
- 2. My SQL
Salient features of this Query Viewer Advance web part
There are multiple reasons that make SharePoint users utilize this Query Viewer Advance web part for enhancing the productivity of their SharePoint site. Here are some of the features of this SharePoint web part that is described as follows:
- 1. Offers facility to view data in a central grid view on your SharePoint 2010 or 2013 platforms.
- 2. Allows customized searching of data through query result list by making a check mark on the particular column.
- 3. Brings user to the default view of the query result while performing the search activity by making a simple click on the refresh icon located at the top right corner of the list.
- 4. Ensures easy editing of the Query Viewer settings by clicking on the Edit icon which is present on the upper right corner.
- 5. Facilitates simple management of the DB Connection Settings through an easy to use graphical user interface (GUI).
- 6. Provides seamless customization in the look and feel of your database by making changes in the database by giving desired database title, head background color or theme color in DB Connection Settings.
- 7. Ensures fetch up of query results from two database types such as SQL Server and My SQL.
- 8. Ability to set the number of rows that is to be displayed on every page in the grid view.
- 9. Facility to export the field info and Query results into the Excel sheet or CSV format.
- 10. Allow results to be fetched from multiple tables or specified column by making a check mark on “User Defined Query” on DB Connection Settings page.
If you are still having a query about the performance, functionality and working of this Query Viewer Advance SharePoint web part, you need to have a quick look at the various screenshots that are shown below: